Visakhapatnam: The Indian People in Solidarity with Palestine organised a protest on Sunday on the Main Road near the GVMC Office at Asilametta. The group opposed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s proposed visit to Israel and rejected the Board of Peace initiative proposed by U.S. President Donald Trump.
Protesters said a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas was reached in October 2025 after global demonstrations. They alleged that despite the agreement, Israeli occupation forces continued attacks on Palestinian civilians. According to IPSP members, more than 500 Palestinians lost their lives during the five months following the ceasefire.
The activists demanded that the Indian government sever trade and diplomatic ties with Israel. They urged the Prime Minister to cancel his planned visit later this month.
The group also criticised the Board of Peace set up last year by the U.S. President. They said the board claims to promote peace without addressing the aspirations of the Palestinian people. India has received an invitation to join the board. IPSP members stated that the body lacks legitimacy to decide Palestine’s future. They alleged that it would benefit Western business interests, including those linked to Mr. Trump, by legitimising Israeli occupation and opening avenues for real estate ventures.
Drawing parallels with India’s freedom struggle, the protesters referred to the Simon Commission. They called the Board of Peace a similar moment for Palestine and urged citizens to oppose it. The activists also demanded that India reject the invitation to join the board.


